It was only through the support and donations of thousands of people across East Kent, the UK and even overseas that we were able to erect the Folkestone Gurkha memorial. It took six years of fundraising and over £60,000 in total to see the statue unveiled as a unique memorial here in Folkestone to the contribution of the Gurkhas, marking our respect for their service, and also the positive role they are playing as a part of the wider community.
Following the erection of the memorial the Folkestone Gurkha Memorial Fund continues, with the aims of:
- maintaining the permanent memorial;
- educating the public in the role of the Gurkhas in Folkestone;
- running remembrance services to acknowledge their role played in the community;
- to provide support for the Gurkha community in Folkestone & East Kent and to fund development and humanitarian work in Nepal in recognition of our gratitude for their contribution to the UK.
You can read more about our work in our 2009-2020 Achievement and Activity Report.
If you support our ongoing aims, we woulds value a donation, however modest, to support our work. Thank you.
Donate at your Bank or Building Society
You can make your donation or by going into any bank and paying into:
- Account Name: Folkestone Gurkha Memorial Fund
- Sort code: 52-41-42
- Account number: 47201290
Donate online using your credit or debit card
You can make a donation online now using your credit or debit card using Paypal.
Thank you for your support.